THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
After creating new posts, the second most important thing you can do for your blog is to update your content.
In fact, once you have a reasonable range of blog posts on your site, updating posts can be the best use of your time. It can make such a difference to your search traffic and gives your readers a far better experience.
I dedicate a day a week to updating content. It’s that important.
It can be hard to work out what to update – like what articles will give you the best return on your time if you update them. And then what to do when you update your article.
In this tutorial, I walk you through how you can use the new Ezoic Page Builder tool to work this out!
You will learn...
- What is Ezoic’s Page Booster tool?
- Why use the Ezoic Page Booster tool?
- How to use the Ezoic Page Booster tool
- What to update in your blog posts
What is Ezoic’s Page Booster tool?
The Page Booster tool is free to use for all Ezoic account holders. You can find it under the “NicheIQ” menu item when you are logged in.
It hooks up with Google Search Analytics to give you some interesting data to help you update posts.
The primary thing it shows you is a list of posts that are:
- Gaining traffic
- Neither gaining nor losing traffic
- Losing traffic
It also breaks down which top keywords the articles are losing or gaining traffic from and by how much the search result position has gone down or up.
It’s quite simple really, but also quite powerful.
Why use the Ezoic Page Booster tool?
It’s an easy way to see which articles you should worry about. I primarily use it to see the articles that are losing traffic and use this to help me decide which articles I should prioritise updating.
I especially love that it makes it really easy to tell if traffic loss is related to the search volume going down (so the loss may be seasonal) or if it’s due to my article not ranking.
As stated, you do need to be an Ezoic member to use this tool.
How to use the Ezoic Page Booster tool
The easiest way to show you how I use this tool and what exactly you get access to is to show you.
Watch the following video and I’ll step you through everything quickly and easily.
What to update in your blog posts
Once you use the Page Booster to work out which posts to update, I recommend you:
- Check all information is up-to-date in your article and update anything that isn’t. Also check all links work and affiliate links are good
- Go through the keywords that are trending down in Ezoic Page Booster. Make sure these keywords are covered in your article. This isn’t just ensuring that the keyword is mentioned but also check that the information that someone typing this keyword into Google would want to find is covered
- Check to see if there is anything new on the topic of the article that should be included
- Do this 10 minute SEO tip
- Consider updating the publish date and submitting the article in Google Search Console
If you want to give it an extra boost, download my Post Optimisation Checklist here.
Ideally, I recommend you check back with Page Booster monthly to see if any new articles need some love.
Updating articles is an important part of running a successful blog. It helps increase search traffic and ensures your readers have a great experience on your blog.
Ezoic’s Page Booster is a quick and handy tool to help you prioritise what articles to update and what your articles may be missing.
Don’t forget that you can always ask any questions you have in the comments or in the DigitalNomadwannabe Facebook Group!