THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
Have you protected your blogging business legally? Do you know what disclosures to use, what pages you need on your site like privacy policies, how copyright works and thought about GDPR or CCPA?
If you haven’t or if you aren’t sure if you are doing the right thing, don’t worry! You’re not alone, and we can help!
In today’s episode, I’m joined by Lucrezia Iapichino from Blogging for New Bloggers who is also a laywer that specialises in international and EU law and has worked in many countries in Europe as well as here in Australia .
You will learn what you need to do to make sure you are protecting your blog legally with some great advice around what legal pages you need on your site, disclosures, cookie policies, copyright issues and more.
You can even acess a free European GDPR compliance step-by-step action plan.
We cover a lot on today’s show, so grab a cup of coffee, get a notebook ready and get ready to understand a lot more about how you can protect your blogging business.
If you find this podcast helpful, the best way to encourage me to keep going is to subscribe and leave a review here. I really appreciate it!
Here’s an overview of what we talked about today:
- [2:20] Lucrezia introduces herself and describes her backgound
- [5:09] The big picture things that bloggers need to consider when it comes to making sure they have their bases covered legally – and why
- [8:13] The laws we need to follow
- [28:02] What CCPA is, how this applies to bloggers and how it differs from European GPPR
- [39:11] Whether we should be paying for legal help to do the types of things we have discussed so far like privacy policies and disclosures or whether we can do it ourselves
- [45:07] What bloggers should be aware of for copyright and trademark issues
- [53:28] How we can protect ourselves from image scams
- [58:20] Final advice
This episode is sponsored by my brand new course, SEO Fast Track, your complete step-by-step system for how to kick butt with SEO across your blog for the low, low cost of $97.
Subscribe And Review
If you haven’t subscribed to my podcast, make sure you subscribe right now on iTunes here! Or you can find it on Spotify here.
I have many great episodes coming up and this will make sure you don’t miss them.
I would extra appreciate a review in iTunes. This helps others find my podcast and I love reading them too. This is the best way to thank me if you find my content useful.
Just click here to write one now.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Lucrezia’s legal blogging courses and templates
- FREE GDPR Compliance Step-By-Step Action Plan – use code DNWPODCAST on check out
- Blogging for New Bloggers – Lucrezia’s blog
- Tinylovebug – Lucrezia’s lifestyle blog
Click here to download your FREE GDPR compliance step-by-step action plan!
Use Code: DNWPODCAST
You can ask questions about this episode (or anything else) in the DNW Facebook group at DNWcommunity.com.
Next episode, I talk about how to start a second blog and everything you need to consider.
While DNW community members are always interested in this topic as they follow along with my case studies and watch me create new sites, it is particularly a topic of conversation at the moment while coronavirus affects so many industries particularly all my friends in the travel blogging industry. Here’s one way to diversify. Click here to listen to it now!