THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
The scariest thing that can happen as a blogger is to have someone attack your website.
This is because it’s completely outside your control. However, there are things you can do to try to limit any negative effects of an attack.
In this DNW live, I discuss what a negative SEO attack is, how you can you recognise a negative SEO attack and what you can do to deal with it.
This type of attack is gutless and very frustrating. I know. I now have had two sites attacked this year.
The crazy thing is that one site doesn’t get Google traffic and the other has a tiny DA and only ranks for very noncompetitive search terms – there was really no reason to bring down either.
So it can happen to anyone.
In the video below I’ll show you how I worked out this site is a victim of a negative SEO attack and what I did about it. I also discuss what happened to my other site that was attacked and what the outcome of that was.
You can see how to get your latest links from the new version of Google Search Console in this video:
I also could have shown you links to my travel blog as an interesting contrast. They look worse than the ones to this site at first glance.
- It’s normal for that site to get tons of weird links a day
- When I look at the pages reported to be linking to Where’s Sharon, they often don’t have my link on the page anymore
- If they do, often it’s copied content grrr (not great but a different issue)
- The links don’t seem like a malicious attack. They are just dodgy sites that copy content or collate content and the links are gone pretty quick
What you are trying to find in this process is something out of the ordinary and, when someone has attacked you, its usually quite obvious, like all the comment links with the same anchor text like I mention in this video.
Want to learn more about SEO?
Join my free SEO Boot Camp – How To Get Crazy Amounts Of Blog Traffic And Watch Your Income Soar.
In this 60 minute training, I’ll teach you all the basics of SEO – like finding and using keywords and how to write the best quality articles to improve your search rankings and get maximum traffic to your blog while making money!
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MakingMoneyFromBlogging
- What To Do When You Have A Sudden Loss Of Traffic: Google Updates, Penalties And The Dark Unknown
Like my Facebook page to get notified of my next DNW LIVE session held every Friday Australian EST (so Thursday in the US).
Have a question? Leave a comment below!