THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
It’s a confusing time to be alive and an even more confusing time to be growing a business.
With a blog in travel, I know the effects bloggers are feeling at the moment. And not just in travel. Many niches are likely to be affected before this is over.
It can be hard to stay motivated and on track when everything feels so uncertain.
However, things will go back to normal.
Your blog will recover…. and blossom. This is not the time to give up.
While it’s super easy to see examples of what’s going wrong in the world right now, I thought it would be nice for the DNW community to come together with some positivity – by sharing what we are each doing to grow our blogging businesses right now.
To this end, I talked to my friends at Ezoic, and they are happy to sponsor some prizes to give you an extra incentive to share what you are doing to grow your blogging business at this time.
So I have made this a competition!
I’ll also include all entries in a blog post (a collaborative post) with a link to your blog.
This competition is now over! You can find all entries here.
- April bonus of US$300 for any existing or new Ezoic customer
- Free Site Speed Accelerator Subscription for 6 months
To win the first prize, you must be an Ezoic member. You can read more about Ezoic here. Anyone can win the second prize. All entries will be part of my blog post with a link.
What I’m Doing To Grow My Blogging Business Right Now
Learn what I’m working on right now by watching the following video.
This is what I’m looking for in this competition – it can be far shorter and doesn’t need to include explanations (I have that so you can also learn from my video). Just make sure you talk about the positive steps you are taking to build your blog.
Some Suggestions On What You Could Do To Grow Your Blog Right Now
Watch my video above for some ideas and listen to my podcast episode here on exactly this topic.
How To Enter
This contest has been sponsored by Ezoic.
- You need to be in the DNW – Making Money From Blogging Facebook group.
- Create a short video in English sharing what you are doing to grow your blogging business right now and put it on YouTube or a similar video sharing platform where it is possible to embed the video into a blog post OR publish a blog post on your site in English which details your plans. See my example video above.
- Consider joining Ezoic (full review here) if you are not already a member.
- Share a link to the video or blog post in the Facebook group competition thread here in one comment along with your blog URL. There is only one entry allowed per person. Note whether you are an Ezoic member or not (as first prize can only go to a member).
- You must complete this by the end of 19 April PST.
That’s it! You have entered. On April 21 Melbourne, Australia time, I will randomly draw two winners in a video in the group. Each winner will receive the prize listed above in the order they are drawn. Only Ezoic members are eligible for first prize.
All entries will be published in the blog post on DNW with a link to their blog as long as they list their blog URL in the comment. If you don’t want to be included in this post, do not list your blog URL in the comment.
If you write a blog post, you are giving me permission to quote a section of your article in the collaborative post. I will link to your main article next to the quote. If this is not ok, please state this in your entry in the Facebook comment.
If having your face on video makes you nervous, you can film something else – for example, something on your desktop like a quote, your goals, your blog etc – while you speak (I use ActivePresenter to screencast).
Winners will be contacted by private message on Facebook.
I look forward to watching and sharing your entries!
Ezoic Contest Terms and Conditions
Ezoic Contest – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The contest (“sweepstakes”) begins during an expressed Promotion Period at launch and will continue for an extended time until the clarified otherwise. This contest is marketed as a contest but is actually a sweepstakes as defined in a legal capacity.
The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Ezoic (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected] during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: (the “Entrant”) must be 18 years or older to enter. Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the “Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: One Prize Winner will receive a US$300 credit on their Ezoic account. This winner must be an Ezoic member. The second prize winner will receive a free, six-month subscription for Ezoic’s Site Speed Accelerator.
Prizes to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period by following the contest submission instructions of sharing the positive steps you are taking to grow your blog in the respective channel or platform instructed by the Sponsor. All entries must be in English.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of April 19 PST in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted on 21 April in Australia by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner(s) will be announced publicly in the respective channel or platform instructed by the Sponsor. Winner(s) will be contacted by the Sponsor within 1 week of selection. Potential Winner must claim prize(s) as directed by Sponsor within 2 weeks of announcement. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email or announcement on channel or platform.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8.. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for
(a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions;
(b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes;
(c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes;
(d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website
or any combination thereof;
(e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or
(f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part.
In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.