THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
If there is one area of blogging where most of us want to put our heads in the sand and forget about it, it’s page speed.
While it’s one thing to compress some images and remove some plugins, getting to those fast speeds and high Google PageSpeed scores requires a lot of effort and technical knowledge… At least it did, until now.
Ezoic has recently released their Site Speed Accelerator which instantly increases site speed and Google PageSpeed scores. You literally just have to connect to Ezoic either by changing your DNS settings or adding a plugin then go into your free Ezoic account and click a couple of buttons and BAM! You are guaranteed a PageSpeed score of 80+ for mobile.
It’s the easiest way to get better speed results for your sites by far. I tried it myself on two of my sites – both of which my tech husband had already spent hours optimising. You can see the results below.
This tool has perfect timing just as Google is putting more and more emphasis on speed scores.
You can see from above that this site went from scores of 72 and 34 to 99 and 96.
For this site, my PageSpeed score went from 66 and 38 to 99 and 96.
How You Can Do It Too
This is really easy to do. You simply sign up for a free Ezoic account (note you don’t have to use Ezoic ads – that is a separate service – and anyone on any ad network or without ads can join up) or log into your account if you already have one.
If you are new to ezoic, click that you want “Site Speed”. Then click on “Integrate Your Site” and follow the instructions. Once it detects you are integrated, you can continue. If you are already an Ezoic member, keep going.
Then you can add it using the following steps.
- Click on “Speed” in the menu options.
- Scroll down to the “Site Speed Accelerator” option and click “Turn On”.
- Click “Create Version”
- The following pop-up will appear. Click “Next”.
- Before activating, click “Preview” to take a look and make sure everything looks good.
- You can also put this preview URL link into PageSpeed Insights to see your new PageSpeed scores without having to activate the Accelerator. Note that most of the time, you will see the score change immediately, but one time when I turned it on, it took about five minutes for the score to show the improvement.
- Once you are happy, click “Activate”. You’re done!
I recommend you take a good look when previewing. This is a new tool and while it should work for your site without any problems, there is always the chance it won’t play nice with something. I especially recommend that you check your ads and any pop-ups work fine.
As part of the speed enhancements this tool does involves lazy-loading your images, you may notice them load slower that you are used to – this is to be expected and remember most readers don’t scroll right down your page immediately checking everything is ok like you are likely to do when testing this 🙂
If you notice a problem after activating, you can easily “Deactivate” it again.
If you have any issues at all or find anything confusing, reach out to Ezoic support. They are fabulous.
This tool is currently free until January 15, 2020. So try it out for free now and you can make a decision then if it is worth continuing or not. Or you can win it for free for a year in the following competition!
You can read more about the tool here.
How You Can Win A Fast Site For 2020
Competition over. You can find the results here.
In the DNW – Making Money From Blogging Facebook group, you can win this tool for free for a year simply by trying it out and posting your before and after screenshots of your mobile PageSpeed score in the competition thread in the group. We are giving away three subscriptions for a year which will be drawn randomly from everyone who enters.
Steps to enter:
- Take a screenshot of your PageSpeed Insights speed score for mobile for the site you are trialing here. Save this image.
- Sign up for Ezoic here if you are not currently a member. If you are already a member, log in to your account.
- If you are new to Ezoic, connect your site using either the plugin or by changing your DNS settings. Note that you will get better results if you change your DNS settings since the plugin adds extra load to your site.
- Follow the steps above to add the Site Speed Accelerator.
- Take a screenshot of your new PageSpeed Insights speed score for mobile here.
- Share both images in the Facebook group competition thread here in one comment. There is only one entry allowed per person.
- You must complete this by the end of January 13 PST.
That’s it! You have entered. On January 15 Melbourne, Australia time, I will randomly draw three winners in a video in the group. Each winner receives a free 12 month subscription to this tool meaning you can have a fast site for all of 2020!
This contest has been sponsored by Ezoic.
Ezoic Contest Terms and Conditions
Ezoic Contest – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The contest (“sweepstakes”) begins during an expressed Promotion Period at launch and will continue for an extended time until the clarified otherwise. This contest is marketed as a contest but is actually a sweepstakes as defined in a legal capacity.
The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Ezoic (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected] during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: (the \”Entrant\”) must be 18 years or older to enter. Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \”Promotion Entities\”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. PRIZES: Three Prize Winners will receive a free, one-year subscription for Ezoic’s Site Speed Accelerator.
Prizes to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period by following the contest submission instructions of sharing images of Site Speed Accelerator results in the respective channel or platform instructed by the Sponsor.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of January 13 PST in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted on 15 January in Australia by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner(s) will be announced publicly in the respective channel or platform instructed by the Sponsor. Winner(s) will be contacted by the Sponsor within 1 week of selection. Potential Winner must claim prize(s) as directed by Sponsor within 2 weeks of announcement. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email or announcement on channel or platform.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \”the Prize Claim Documents\”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8.. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for
(a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions;
(b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes;
(c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes;
(d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website
or any combination thereof;
(e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or
(f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part.
In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.