THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLAIMER FOR MORE INFO.
One of the best ways to show yourself that it’s possible to build a financially successful blog is to use the success of others as proof. This week on the Make Money Blogging podcast, I give you this proof!
In this episode, I share my story with a brief outline of what I did before I started building my business and then how I went about it including the mistakes and strategies I used along the way.
Learn how sheer determination for a better life was the greatest factor in my early success as well as the mistakes I made early on and the progress I made once I reset how I was prioritising work on my blog. I also talk through what I’m doing now and give an insider look into how I’m running my business.
If you find this podcast helpful, the best way to encourage me to keep going is to subscribe and leave a review here. I really appreciate it!
Here’s an overview of what I talked about today:
- The messages my parents gave me in my childhood that both hindered and helped me become an entrepreneur
- What happened in 2013 when I decided I would become a digital nomad and build an online business
- The first steps I took and the big mistakes I made in the first 9 months which lead to me wanting to quit travel blogging
- The pivot I made to building niche sites and then how I came back to my travel blog with the knowledge and certainty that I could make it a success
- How I basically took a year off with pregnancy and a newborn but profits kept growing
- Why I started focusing on Digital Nomad Wannabe and what I did to drive this site forward
- Why I sold my travel blog and other sites and the new sites I have started since
- More information about my “conveyor belt” of sites
- What I’m trying to do right now and going forward
- My major takeaways from the last 7 years of building an online business
It’s interesting timing for me to record this episode as I go through another life change – moving back to Tasmania after 20 years in Melbourne as that city goes into a hard lockdown. I taped this episode in hotel quarantine in Devonport just to add some extra flavour!
This episode is sponsored by Build Blog Freedom Fast Track, my 10-week program that shows you the 20% of blogging you need to do to get 80% of the results step by step. Learn exactly how to have blogging success by using my exact strategy! This is the exact strategy I have used on the majority of sites I discuss in this episode.
Subscribe And Review
I have many great episodes coming up and this will make sure you don’t miss them.
I would extra appreciate a review in iTunes. This helps others find my podcast and I love reading them too. This is the best way to thank me if you find my content useful.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
Click here to start the 5 Day Goal Setting Challenge! If you are not clear on what you are trying to achieve and what you should be working on to achieve it, this will help.
You can ask questions about this episode (or anything else) in the DNW Facebook group at DNWcommunity.com.
Next episode, I talk about what to do to help your site become THE authority in your niche. This is useful for anyone wants to have more blogging success and futureproof their site. You can listen to this episode here.